Dear Healthfocus Physiotherapy community,
We understand and appreciate that there is growing concern within the community regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to let you know that we are remaining updated on this continually evolving situation through the Department of Health and Human services, our Australian Physiotherapy Association and the World Health Organisation. It is our collective responsibility to ensure we are acting with a sense of urgency and responsibility to both ourselves and those around us in an effort to minimise the transmission and impact of the virus.
Please be aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Symptoms include fever, coughing, a sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
All people who have returned from overseas are now being asked to self-isolate for a period of 14 days, and the same advice applies if you have had contact with a confirmed case.
If you are concerned you may have Coronavirus please DO NOT attend our clinic, and please call either your own GP, Albury Wodonga Health on 60584444 or the Coronavirus Health Information line 24 hours a day on 1800 020 080 to determine if you need to be tested. Please DO NOT present directly to the Emergency Department or your GP clinic without calling ahead.
We at Healthfocus Physiotherapy have also maintained and increased our levels of infection control.
- This includes provision of hand sanitiser in all patient areas, and we ask that you please utilise this when you enter and leave, and aim to avoid touching your face.
- If you utilise the bathroom, please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, and dry thoroughly.
- We will greet you with a smile, however refrain from handshakes.
- We will sit a little further away for the initial part of our consultations to maintain “social distancing” as practicable.
- We will regularly disinfect common areas, including door knobs, our eftpos machine, and ipads and the front desk.
- We will disinfect all exercise equipment after each use.
Remember if you remain well we would love to see you! If you are however unwell, we respectfully ask that you please stay at home until you are recovered.
We are also exploring the option of providing Telehealth consultations, when appropriate, to assist those that may not be able to come into our clinics. If you are interested in exploring this option please call us to discuss.
We hope that these measures may assist to continue to help you “move through life” during this time and beyond.
For further information please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
The Healthfocus Physiotherapy Team